Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Gardening 101 in Florida.




First dont try and weed in summer. The heat will get you first. Second dont plant anything new during rainy season you will loose it if it floods on your property. My Moms neighbor gave me a bunch of bulbs. pretty pink flowers (rain flowers) . They have taken over his yard I plain to get more and put them in some of the flower bed in the back. He also gave me a Poinsetta . I looked it up seems its wild here. Lived here most my life and have never seen it before. I think it would be pretty mixed in with all the Zinnas .Everytime Wyatt(grandson) come over he has to show me how big he is and has to climb the mullberry tree, Lol I have so many Zinna seeds from this year I think I had 6 gallon bags of seeds. Gave some away. Heres some of whats bloomin here.We lost so much last year . I still have to replace the 6 palms leading out to the pad out back. Iam thinking something that blooms. I have baby palms comming up all over the front, from the seeds .I got bite by something yesterday , I was checking on the blackberries. I hope it wasnt a brown racluse spidder . My 3rd finger on the right its still red and inflamed, it has 2 marks and fills with clear fluid, I didnt see anything ,,I'll know if my finger starts to loose its skin. He thought maybe it was one of those catapillers ,On the palms . But I didnt think it was time for them yet. oh well life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment