Thursday, May 5, 2011

Canning...




Well I found a new craft and I LOVE IT..Canning. Ive been reading all I can On the subject. I've learned alot. I've tried alot of recipes .Now I find myself wanting to can all the time.Ive cleaned out the linen closet to make it a food pantry even thou I already have one. I 'd like all my canning together,all in one spot.Heres some pictures of what Ive done. With the exception of what Ive already given away.Mulberry's !!!I have a tree so Ive canned and canned Mulberry's . Now its finished until next season. I need to look for canning recipes that have Mulberry's in it. Instead of only mulberry's, LOL Ive made Mulberry Jam , Mulberry Syrup, Mulberry Preserves,Mulberry Pie Filling I even did a Balsamic Mulberry Jam (Awesome taste) and have even put some up in the freezer.Cant wait to go to the Farmers Market and see what they have in. I am also wanting to get a dehydrator to do some fruits and jerky.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jamie!
    My goodness, you have been very busy! I've never tasted anything mulberry ... is it similiar in taste to any other berry? ~.~

    ReplyDelete
  2. very NICE!!! Happy Mother's Day to you Jamie <3 Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY, I need to come and help you all eat it!!! Luv Ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like home canned foods!!

    You sure have been a busy one!!

    HuGs
    Rox

    ReplyDelete